Ms. Deokie Persaud
- Associate Degree in Office Management, Bronx Community College
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Pace University
- Masters Degree in Education, City College of New York
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Coordinator
- Work in Math, English and Science subject areas.
- 11-15 years of experience in education.
In Ms. Persaud's own words...
I decided to get into teaching after working in investment banking for 21 years. The company I worked for relocated to another state and I did not want to leave New York City. I believe that being a Special Education teacher was the best fit for me because of my skill sets. I am a 'people's person', but most importantly, this is where I am needed most. I regularly stay after school to assist students with their assignments and practice study skills.